Monday, August 10, 2009

Weeds In The Garden



"God is a comedian, playing to an audience
too afraid to laugh.”

- Voltaire


Weeds In The Garden
by denny

“You really shouldn’t make those faces,
someday it might just freeze that way”.
What if my Mother was right?
Abruptly, I ran to the bathroom mirror
to make sure I was still my loveable self

Years later, I am still plagued
by the vision of Linda Blair
possessed in the Exorcist,
face contorted by demonic forces,
recalling my Mother’s stern warning.

And the face I see in the mirror
no longer young, the relentless hand of time
having done its cruel, indelible work.
The once vibrant youth entombed
within this aged and wrinkled shell.

Does the sun no longer shine?
Have the vibrant butterflies of youth
somehow become faded and gray?
Must all the playful weeds in the garden,
be sacrificed for the thorns of the rose?




No comments:

Post a Comment