Monday, September 14, 2009

FICKLE


"One should rather die than be betrayed.
There is no deceit in death.
It delivers precisely what it has promised.

Betrayal, though ...
betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.”


- Steven Deitz


FICKLE
by denny



Each day they gather
flies attracted to honey
sycophants, spouting
inane chatter, back slapping
in mock friendship.
Observant, I stand afar
reluctant at first
to join the cyber circle.

People stop,
discuss their mood
rally each other
with well-tried deceits.
You woo me
as protégée, confidant
tempting me
to coil you around
the mainspring of my heart

Seduced by feigned charms
I drop my guard
let you lead me to the dance.
Until then one day,
clicking on my favorite link,
I am suddenly confronted
with a dreadful phrase

Access Denied
.


2 comments: